Roles and Procedures of Criminal Justice System
Criminal justice system works with the accumulation of private or public agencies in state, which are purposing at investigation of crime, collection of evidences, conducting trials and putting charges, passing sentences to terminals and doing everything under the rules and regulations of state.
The system of criminal justice comes into play in accordance to the crimes occurring in the society. Criminal justice aims at bringing justice to the society when laws are broken by any individual. There are specified punishments meant for the individuals and it solely depends on the laws of nation. The rules of system are different everywhere and roles are as follows:
- Investigation: Criminal justice system is responsible for making appropriate investigation for any crime or violated law taken place. these investigations are carried out with trained professionals as well as trained dogs.
- Prosecution: There is accurate judicial proceeding done for the person who is responsible for crime.
- Punishment: If the accused person is proved guilty, there is deserving punishment given to them. Punishment can be in different forms.
- Time Frame: There is a decided timeframe according to which a crime reporting or complaint can be registered. However, it is not valid for major issues, like murder, kidnap etc.
Criminal justice system processes work in the following ways:
- Evidence gathering and warrant issuing
- Judicial or court trials
- Impartial and lawful decision making and related sentence based on the crime
- Executing the sentence
Criminal justice system has several challenges to face, like any other system in this world. The system requires reformation, which needs to be in accordance to the practical implementation and problems faced in the legal terms. The system needs to comply with the real world application and after improvement of the laws; there is requirement of eradication of political party pressures and corruption; which prohibit the system to work accurately.